How to Install the VNC Plug-in via Xcalibur Global
This document teaches how to use Xcalibur Global to install the VNC plug-in on a client device.
The method taught is based on the following steps:
- Select the OU containing the target device.
- Create an Xcalibur Policy that is linked to the selected OU.
- Configure the Xcalibur Policy to install the VNC plug-in on a client device.
Applicable Product Version
Xcalibur Global Version 1.1 Rev.2
Select the OU containing the target device
- The OU in our example is Thin Clients Demo.
- The domain in our example is net2.qa2.
- Launch the Xcalibur Global Management Console:
From the Task Bar select:
Start \ Programs \ Xcalibur Global 1.1 \ Management Console.
- Locate the OU Thin Clients Demo:
Expand the path: Xcalibur Directory Manager \ net2.qa2.
- Select the OU Thin Clients Demo.
Create an Xcalibur Policy that is linked to the selected OU
- Right-click on the OU (Thin Clients Demo) to display the following drop-down menu:
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu to display the OU properties screen.
- Select the Xcalibur Policy tab.
- Click the New button and select TC Policy from the drop-down menu to create a New Xcalibur Policy Object that will appear in the Xcalibur Policy Object Links column.
- Enter a new name for the policy. In this example we will be using the name Device -Install VNC. Press Enter.
Configure the Xcalibur Policy to install the VNC plug-in on a client device
- Select the Xcalibur Policy.
- Click Edit to open the Policy Editor.
Expand the following policy branch:
<policy name> \ Device Configuration \ Installable Software Modules
- Right-click VNC and select Installation Policy… to open the Installation Properties screen.
- Select Enabled option and click OK to return to the Policy Editor screen.
- Close the Policy Editor screen to return to the OU properties screen.
- Click Close to return to the Xcalibur Global Management Console screen.
- Xcalibur Global now has a policy that installs the VNC plug-in on a client device.
- The policy is linked to the OU that was selected.
- The policy will affect all devices within the OU and any child OUs (as long a there are no restrictions on policy inheritance).